Hi and Welcome....

The reason for my blog is that Colin had Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (secondary kidney cancer). In addition to this, his eldest brother David died in April 2008, 5 weeks after being diagnosed with Laryngeal Cancer and his elder sister Sue was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer in March 2009 and sadly passed away in June 2014. All that said, I am still smiling and trying to be up beat about everything because if I wasn’t I don’t think I would cope as well as I have so far. Sadly Colin passed away on 23rd Dec 2009.

If you would like to follow or comment on this blog, then please feel free.

Sunday 31 May 2009

Enjoying the sunshine

It has been 3 weeks since Colin finished his HD IL-2 treatment and he is looking more and more like his old self as the days pass, which is brilliant as he hasn't looked this healthy for at least a couple of years.
I will be doing Race for Life in 2 weeks time, so I am hoping this weather is here to stay for a while. If anyone wants to sponsor me please feel free to go to my sponsorship page http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/colswife
While I'm on the subject of Race for Life, I had a surprise phone call the other day from Wyvern FM (our local radio station) asking if they could record an interview with me about why I am doing Race for Life following an email I sent them a few weeks ago. I'm a bit nervous about this because I've never been interviewed before but hopefully it will be OK :-)

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Colin is doing better and hope it continues.
    Good luck with the race for Life...these runs are important for the fight against any type of cancer. I am sure you will do fantastic with your interview...just think of all the people you are helping by talking about it.
    Now you save some of that sunshine for my trip there,lol.
    Hugs
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I added you to the kidney cancer section of my blogroll, Cancer Blog Links at www.beingcancer.net
    Take care, Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is June 15th,does Colin have a date yet for his CT scan?

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Don,
    No Colin hasn't had a date through yet, It'll probably come for the week we are away!

    ReplyDelete