Hi and Welcome....

The reason for my blog is that Colin had Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (secondary kidney cancer). In addition to this, his eldest brother David died in April 2008, 5 weeks after being diagnosed with Laryngeal Cancer and his elder sister Sue was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer in March 2009 and sadly passed away in June 2014. All that said, I am still smiling and trying to be up beat about everything because if I wasn’t I don’t think I would cope as well as I have so far. Sadly Colin passed away on 23rd Dec 2009.

If you would like to follow or comment on this blog, then please feel free.

Friday 17 December 2010

In memory, of an amazing man.....

A smile and a grin, you never had a frown

Your love for us all was something so special

That you can make me smile with just simple words

The cleverest idiot, in my universe.

Many people loved and knew you,

Nothing like how close you were to my heart

I just wish that I could turn back the time

And say the words that were you in your life.

Always look on the bright side of life

Was the thing that you lived by

You never faltered and never failed

You somehow always prevailed.

Your infectious laughter and the cheeky grin

The bushy moustache, hanging on your lips

The crap jokes you always did or told

The grin never faltering, even when you went bald.

I loved you from the beginning

Right till the very end,

You were my light and shining star

I now know you’re never afar.

I just wish I had the chance to say

‘I love you’ once more.

The fact you kept on laughing till the end

It made me thankful that you were Gods send.

I miss you and I love you

Never ever forget that.

Give everyone a hug from me,

And send a kiss to David please.

To someone who changed my life for the better~

I miss you Colin


by Laura Davies



This is so nice Laura. Thank you x


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully said and a lovely tribute to Colin. I know he will be looking down on you and Kieran and keeping you safe this holiday season.

    Merry Christmas Sandy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute Laura, You got Colin just right that was the way I remember Him.

    Sandra's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - a fitting and true tribute :)

    Kat and tribe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog post is really great; the standard stuff of the post is genuinely amazing.

    Renal Specialty exam

    ReplyDelete