Hi and Welcome....

The reason for my blog is that Colin had Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (secondary kidney cancer). In addition to this, his eldest brother David died in April 2008, 5 weeks after being diagnosed with Laryngeal Cancer and his elder sister Sue was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer in March 2009 and sadly passed away in June 2014. All that said, I am still smiling and trying to be up beat about everything because if I wasn’t I don’t think I would cope as well as I have so far. Sadly Colin passed away on 23rd Dec 2009.

If you would like to follow or comment on this blog, then please feel free.

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Race 4 Life - Finished in 52 mins

Well I did Race for Life on Sunday in the glorious sunshine and as you can see I did it in 52 mins side by side with my friend Mel (that's 3mins faster than we did it last year).

Didn't get sunburned thanks to my sister-in-law Rachel who was a volunteer and supplied anyone and everyone with sun cream by the starting line, Thanks Rachel :-).


Wyvern FM were there as usual and this year there were the Nivea Boys to help us with a short workout.

I have raised £351.50 in sponsorship this year which is my highest amount yet.
Between Mel, Jess, Ness, Hayley, Claire and myself we have raised £802.50. So a BIG BIG BIG thanks to everyone who sponsored us.
If you haven't sponsored me you still can at http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/colswife

3 comments:

  1. Big congratulations on your time and the amount raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/4life-factores-de-transferencia-cancer-alergias-solucion-metastasis-remedio-salud-4-life-research-diabetes/1456322713

    if you want to kown more, please contac me at ivan.ivanposada.posada@gmail.com

    that is only the firts step of a great friendship. i am from Colombia, and I have many testimonial of people in spanish, if i have one in english i send you.

    you can help more people. let me help you.

    ReplyDelete