Hi and Welcome....

The reason for my blog is that Colin had Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (secondary kidney cancer). In addition to this, his eldest brother David died in April 2008, 5 weeks after being diagnosed with Laryngeal Cancer and his elder sister Sue was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer in March 2009 and sadly passed away in June 2014. All that said, I am still smiling and trying to be up beat about everything because if I wasn’t I don’t think I would cope as well as I have so far. Sadly Colin passed away on 23rd Dec 2009.

If you would like to follow or comment on this blog, then please feel free.

Thursday 26 March 2009

Manchester here we come ...

Well we have heard from the Prof at Christies Hospital, Manchester and Colin has an appointment at 8.30am on Thurs 2nd April for a CT scan and meeting with Prof H about the HD IL-2 treatment which they hope to commence on 20th April. So its off to Manchester on Wed night for us as the appt is at 8.30 in the morning and trying to get there for 8.30am would be a nightmare on a Thurs morning. M5 and M6 before 8.30, I think not!!!! The Hotel is only £38 for the night including breakfast, a 5 min bus ride from the hospital and a short walk to Rusholme's Curry Mile (Manchester's answer to London's Brick Lane) so that's tea sorted for Wed night!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment