Hi and Welcome....

The reason for my blog is that Colin had Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (secondary kidney cancer). In addition to this, his eldest brother David died in April 2008, 5 weeks after being diagnosed with Laryngeal Cancer and his elder sister Sue was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer in March 2009 and sadly passed away in June 2014. All that said, I am still smiling and trying to be up beat about everything because if I wasn’t I don’t think I would cope as well as I have so far. Sadly Colin passed away on 23rd Dec 2009.

If you would like to follow or comment on this blog, then please feel free.

Saturday 4 April 2009

There and back again...

We drove up to Manchester on Wednesday, arrived about 6pm, found Luther King House, the B&B we were staying at, dropped off our stuff and went to find curry mile. On the way we stopped for a pint at Hardy's Well and then found an Indian/Thai Restaurant called Al Bilal. We decided to try something different and both ended up having Chicken Tikka Keema Lazzez which was very nice.
After a restless night we caught a bus to Christies at 8.10am as Colin had to be there for 8.30 for his CT scan. After the CT scan we went to see Prof H and had a chat about the HD IL-2 treatment and now have a start date for the treatment of 20th April. So I will be driving to Manchester again in a couple of weeks (I'll be able to do the journey with my eyes shut soon ;-) ).
Now to celebrate Colin's Birthday as he will be 45 young on Sunday and has been advised not to drink after the weekend as his liver needs to be able to cope with the treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment