Hi and Welcome....

The reason for my blog is that Colin had Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (secondary kidney cancer). In addition to this, his eldest brother David died in April 2008, 5 weeks after being diagnosed with Laryngeal Cancer and his elder sister Sue was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer in March 2009 and sadly passed away in June 2014. All that said, I am still smiling and trying to be up beat about everything because if I wasn’t I don’t think I would cope as well as I have so far. Sadly Colin passed away on 23rd Dec 2009.

If you would like to follow or comment on this blog, then please feel free.

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Treatment 1 - Day 2

Well Colin has had 3 of the 14 doses of HD IL-2 and so far hasn't had many side effects, which is a good thing and hopefully will continue.
I thought I would have the bed all to myself (no-one snoring next to me) while Colin is in Manchester, but no I get woken at 4 this morning by Kieran asking if he can sleep in with me because he had a nightmare and guess what - he snores too just my luck :).
I will up date my blog as and when I hear from him & have a spare 5 mins :-)

3 comments:

  1. Well Done Kieran !!! Trying to keep a bit of normality for you lol. Thanks Sandra for update. Thinking of all of you. If you get chance to shop, if you see any funkie beanie hats at the Christie ....They keep my ears warm, got less hair then uncle kevin now !!
    Sending love and best wishes to all of you Sue & Holly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you and Colin some very gentle hugs and with the hope that his treatment is successful. Cancer is always a long journey and seems to never end but with the love of family and friends it can certainly make it a bit easier.
    I found your link through Daria's blog.
    PICC lines certainly are a blessing!
    Hugs
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the hugs Jill they are appreciated

    ReplyDelete