Hi and Welcome....

The reason for my blog is that Colin had Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (secondary kidney cancer). In addition to this, his eldest brother David died in April 2008, 5 weeks after being diagnosed with Laryngeal Cancer and his elder sister Sue was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer in March 2009 and sadly passed away in June 2014. All that said, I am still smiling and trying to be up beat about everything because if I wasn’t I don’t think I would cope as well as I have so far. Sadly Colin passed away on 23rd Dec 2009.

If you would like to follow or comment on this blog, then please feel free.

Monday 27 April 2009

End of Round 1- Part 1

I picked Colin up from Christie's yesterday afternoon and then took Kieran to see where Manchester United play as it is not very far from Christie's and Kieran supports them. He was very excited and couldn't wait to go. It was an expensive afternoon as when we got there he spotted the club shop - a shirt, baseball cap, football & shinpads later and my purse was a lot lighter but he was happy and we will (hopefully) never have to go again.
Colin was very tired when I picked him up as I don't think he's had much sleep in the last week and wasn't telling me the whole story of how he was when I was phoning/texting him during the week. Hopefully a week at home resting will be enough for him to regain his strength in time for round 2 starting on 4th May.
It's a good job we have a basement with a spare bed in it, as Colin couldn't get comfortable last night so after an hour and a half I decided to go downstairs so that we could both get some sleep as I had to go to work today, I think I will go straight downstairs tonight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment